Collecting ground living arthropods using an inverted leaf blower is an effective way to gauge the density of their communities. The spiders and insects that get sucked up is transferred to a white tub, from which it is easy to pooter-out the individuals of focus.
- Bathymetry measuremnts ongoing juni 3, 2021
- Testing bathymetry methods and flow measurement strategy april 25, 2021
- Sorting and identifying organisms continue… april 13, 2021
- All the Crane flies (Tipuloidea) are now identified and counted april 12, 2021
- Nest boxes deployed for study on droughts and importance of water bodies for pollinators in the agricultural landscape mars 29, 2021