This week we started a field experiment where we simulate drought by emptying (lowering the water table) some wetlands. We emptied 8 wetlands and have another 8 as controls. The purpose is to see the effect of drought on the arthropod communities at the shorelines of the wetlands. Peter did the ”pre-drought” sampling with Malaise traps, color bowls, suction sampling and pitfall traps. We also took photos of the wetlands with a drone before and after emptying. After a month of dry-out we will repeat the invertebrate sampling, and also repeat it next year to study long-term effects.
- No, more wetlands will not lead to malaria epidemics in Sweden! november 8, 2022
- A milestone is reached! oktober 1, 2022
- Article about the Buffer project in ”Lantbrukets Affärer” september 29, 2022
- Project dissemination is on-going september 29, 2022
- New arthropod sampling this week september 27, 2022